Thursday, June 02, 2011

TWD: Caramel Pot de Creme

TWD stands for Thursdays with Dorie, right?

I have been doing way too much blogging for money and not enough blogging for myself lately, which: a)first world problems, anyone? and b) shut up, me. But it is disappointing and frustrating to have to put my favorite hobby on hold. I can't even remember the last time I baked a recipe I chose myself, just for the pleasure of it. Hopefully that will change soon, but for now, I am shamefully behind in posting things I've made lately.

So without further ado, here are some belated shots of this week's TWD recipe, Caramel Pot de Cremes, presented for your viewing pleasure without all that distracting chit-chat I usually throw in there.













I know I've posted about these sugar corkscrews before, but in case you've missed it and are interested:
Sugar Corkscrews recipe
Sugar Corkscrews photo tutorial
Sugar Corkscrews video tutorial

Really, they're super-simple. I made a half-batch while I waited for the pots de creme to cool enough to shoot. It took 10 minutes and 1/2 cup of sugar, and made me feel all fancy-like. Let me know if you try them!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:18 PM

    I remember watching your video way back when! I still haven't tried the sugar corkscrews, but someday I will. They are such a neat garnish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know how you got every little bubble out of yours? Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuuuuute! I will try them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so elegant in those lovely tea cups. And the whipped cream and corkscrew. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pots de creme are like my most favorite dessert ever! They look gorgeous, and I remember seeing that great tutorial when you posted it, but somehow I haven't really gotten around to making it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uniswap is a cryptocurrency exchange which is decentralized and run with an open-source software as opposed to a centralized intermediary.
    uniswap exchange | crypto.com exchange | crypto.com exchange | robinhood login | robinhood login

    ReplyDelete